When it comes to game day, chicken wings are a classic snack food! I think it’s safe to say that we all love a traditional buffalo hot wing, but every now and then it’s fun to shake things up a bit. These Baked Asian Chicken Wings are such a crowd pleaser! These are sweet, savory, meaty, and (literally) finger licking good. And while absolutely delicious, the best part about this recipe is how easy they are to make! You can have these wings on the table in just a matter of minutes!
Baked Asian Chicken Wings
- 1 – 1.5 pounds chicken wings, trimmed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger (fresh grated or dried)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large clove (or 2 small cloves) garlic, grated
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 sliced green onion, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a cookie sheet with foil. Place oven-safe wire rack on top of foil lined pan.
- Arrange chicken wings on wire rack. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Bake wings in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- After chicken wings bake for 25 – 30 minutes, remove from oven. Place wings in bowl with sauce and toss gently to coat. Return chicken wings to wire rack and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions (optional). Serve immediately.